The river Vilcanota – Urubamba, was the sacred river of the Incas called “Wilkamayu” river that is born in the knot of the Vilcanota mountain range between Puno and Cusco, in its descent irrigates the Sacred Valley of Pisaq, Calca, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo, Machupicchu , etc. This river along its route offers us different sections with different levels of rapids class I – II and III in the dry season, and class IV and V in the rainy season. Where it allows us to realize the Rafting in different aerial and levels. Class I-II-III rapids are easy without risk, rather exciting; Can be done without previous experience.
Our tour begins with the pick up from the hotel at 8:30 am in our mobility, to go to the Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo, passing through very typical populations and beautiful landscapes that we can enjoy in our route, arrival to the river of Vilcanota , Where the guide will give you instructions on how to safely and use the equipment before starting our adventure on the Vilcanota – Urubamba river; We will be about 2 and a half hours running class II, III rapids, depending on the route:
– Ollantaytambo class II – III (The months of May to November)
– Quiquijana class III and IV (From December to May)
After lunch we will return to Cusco arriving at approximately 17:00 hrs.
- Waterproof jackets.
- Neoprene suits.
- Professional rafting guide.
- Hot drink.
What you need to bring?
- A complete set of dry clothes.
- Flips flops.
- Personal items (towel, caps, sunglasses, sun block)
- Bathing suit (to be worn inside the neoprene suit)
- Warm clothes. (For after leaving the river.).
- Bottle of water and snacks.